HUMAN RESOURCES & PAYROLL MANAGER
Steve Silver’s Beach Blanket Babylon, the world’s longest running musical revue, is located in San Francisco’s North Beach district. Beach Blanket Babylon runs 51 weeks a year and plays 7 to 9 performances per week to enthusiastic audiences.
The HUMAN RESOURCES & PAYROLL MANAGER coordinates and provides services and information about policies and programs to employees; assists and advises all company members with Human Resources and Payroll issues.
- BS/BA degree preferred or experience equivalent in Human Resources, Business or Theatre Management
- Previous work experience in the performing arts
- PHR/SPHR/HR certification a plus
- Prior experience as Payroll Processor and Human Resources Administrator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all employees, including creative personnel
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws
- Ability to build a rapport with employees
- Take initiative and work independently
- High level of confidentiality, organization and attention to detail and follow-through
- A high proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping
- Experience in the administration of benefits and payroll compensation programs and other Human Resources programs
- Other duties as required
- Compensation based on previous work experience
- Benefit package includes company paid health insurance, vacation and sick leave, as well as a
401k plan, pretax FSA, and transit plan.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Steve Silver’s Beach Blanket Babylon is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to diversity of staff.
Work is in a small 6-person office in North Beach near Club Fugazi. The office provides administration for both Silverhat Bar, Inc., and Steve Silver Productions, Inc., which produces Steve Silver’s Beach Blanket Babylon.
By May 15, 2017, please
send ONE copy of your resume and three references to
Personnel, Beach Blanket Babylon, 470 Columbus Ave. #204, SF 94133.
fax to 415/421-0518
e-mail to Personnel If you e-mail, paste your information in the body of the e-mail (no attachments, please.) No phone calls please