Open Position: Stage Technician
Stage Technician – Running Crew
Steve Silver’s Beach Blanket Babylon, the nation’s longest running theatrical cabaret show, has an immediate opening for a Running Stage Crew/Technician. We are located in San Francisco’s North Beach district and perform year-round. Six Month Contract.
The Stage Technician will be a member of the running crew and will perform technical work for a comedic musical revue/production.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- General theatrical stagehand/crew duties; dresser or properties handler and other positions as assigned.
- Assists performers with dressing and wearing of body props during rehearsals and performances; makes minor repairs.
- Manages props provided by production company, may construct additional props or scenery.
- Climbs ladder or scaffolding to connect, position, focus and gel lighting fixtures.
- Operates lighting equipment during rehearsals and performances, following audio or visual cues.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of tools (both power and manual) are required.
- Costume and props work experience, preferred.
- Sewing skills (both hand and machine) are highly valued.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be in good physical condition; able to lift 30 lb. overhead repeatedly; and be at least 5’ 7” tall is preferable.
Compensation / Benefits:
Hourly wage is based on experience; guaranteed up to 40 work hours/week. This is a full-time/benefit (non-union) position and eligible to participate in the company benefits package, which include employer-paid medical insurance (HMO); employee-paid dental, vision insurance and life & short-term disability insurance; FSA plan; commuter transit & parking program; 401k retirement savings plan; and paid vacation & sick leave.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Steve Silver’s Beach Blanket Babylon is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to diversity of staff.
To apply, email your résumé to
or Fax to (415) 421-0518.
No phone calls please.
Minorities encouraged to apply.